Monday, April 16, 2012

Arcade Knight - Control Panel


I spent yesterday finalizing the control panel for the arcade.  My original idea was to use the graphics I designed, but use the X-Arcade Tankstick as a template for the buttons.  I took apart my X-Arcade, labeled all the wires and buttons, and measured the holes.  Instead of the standard American button setup, I decided to switch it to a Japanese setup where the buttons are more lined up with the shape of your hand.  That way it will be more comfortable playing and easier to access buttons.  I am still going to use all of the components of the X-Arcade just not the actual shell and layout that it originally came in.  When I first started designing my arcade I thought I would drop in the Tankstick and not have to make my own control panel, but I think this will give the arcade a more cohesive look.  At the moment, my buttons are black, but I was thinking about purchasing some translucent blue ones.  That way I can light them up with some LED lighting, but that's an extra expense that I might hold off on for now.

3 comments:

JJones said...

How did this turn out? I would love to use this as a templet...

Anonymous said...

Can you share your a template / PSD / AI file?

Keith Falgout said...

Is there any way to get a copy of your control panel. I would like to use it on a cabinet I'm bulding