Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Final Review & Petit Gâteau



It's been over a month since I last posted, and for that I am sorry, but there's a good reason for it.  I have been super busy trying to finish school.  My thesis film, Petit Gâteau, has taken over my life.  Last Thursday, Nov. 17, I had my final review at AAU.  I was a little nervous.  I had been working on my film day in and out, but it still needs a lot of work.  I presented what I had completed in front of my directer and two other instructors at school.  They gave me some good feedback and asked me to leave the room so they could discuss my future.  As the time ticked by and I stood in the hallway admiring the work on the walls, I was worried that I was going to have to stay another semester or present again in a few weeks.  The door opened and to my surprise I passed my review!  It didn't feel like I had passed though and it still hasn't hit me yet that I am done with school.

My film on the other hand still needs a ton of work and I will not be showing it until I am a little more proud of the animation in it.  Making this film has been a huge learning experience for me.  There are a lot of things I would do differently and I've learned a lot about animation and what I need to do next, which is basically revisit all of the animation and improve upon it.  I really want to spend time on the acting and making the characters more believable and have more personality.  Their designs speak for themselves, but the animation needs to speak more.  Hopefully within the next few months you will see more updates on my film as I try to get it ready for AAU's Spring Show next semester.

In the mean time though, I can't wait to start working on personal work and sprucing up my portfolio/demo reel, and working in the industry.  Oh and before I forget, I wanted to say thanks for everyone who checks out my work, has been following my blog, or has left a comment.  I really appreciate the feedback and hearing what people think so feel free to leave a critique, opinion, or a comment of any kind.

Here's to new beginnings!

Cheers,

No comments: