Friday, April 1, 2011

Ariel Production Drawing by Mark Henn


Instead of having class today, I got to spend the day at WonderCon. I came across an animation gallery that was selling production work. They had some things for sale in all price ranges from $10 - $1500. I thought I'd find a cheap drawing for my apartment. Well they had a great selection and when I stumbled upon this one, I just had to get it. (I also had to get it because if I didn't, I'm pretty sure the friendly Chinese lady next to me was going to steal it.) It was a lot more than I had planned on spending, but for those of you who don't know me that well, The Little Mermaid was my favorite Disney Movie when I was little. I loved the characters, the music, and the story. The Little Mermaid was the movie that made me say, I want to do that. I want to make animated films because I loved the way it made me feel and I loved drawing and the idea that these were moving drawings. I was only five years old at the time, but every time my parents took me to Blockbuster, we had to rent The Little Mermaid. I guess you could say that I have a soft spot for this film and this character. This will soon be framed and placed above my animation desk to remind me as to why I want to do this, why I should work hard for it, and why 2d animation is worth holding on to.

2 comments:

Liana Hee said...

Hey Adam! This one is beautiful..Little Mermaid was also the film that 'did it' for me as well! :D
I need to check out Van Eaton tomorrow. Please come by and say hello too!

Katherine said...

"This will soon be framed and placed above my animation desk to remind me as to why I want to do this, why I should work hard for it, and why 2d animation is worth holding on to."

AMEN TO THAT!!