Friday, March 18, 2011

Heroes


“You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes.”

Walter M. Schirra, Sr. quotes

I know my mother would agree with the above quote and I would have to approve, but not on behalf of myself, but on behalf of my brothers. Being the oldest in my family, I have watched my brothers turn into fine young gentlemen from the moment they were brought into my life. Pieces of me I can see in each of them, but each of them holds unique gifts that only they posses that I can only be inspired by to live up to. They speak with their eyes and their hearts. There is compassion in their voice and it lifts you up with wings of support that you know will never let you fall. If I could be more like anybody in the world, it wouldn't be a dead man, it wouldn't be a celebrity, it wouldn't be my most inspirational artists or friends, - it would be my brothers. If I could be as genuine and emotionally strong as them, perhaps I'd be a better man. If there was a disease eating me a live inside my body, would I still smile as if nothing was wrong? I try to live everyday like it is my last, but I know that I do not do it as well as my brothers. In a world where chivalry and romance is a dying art, it lives in them because they are gentlemen. They are my brothers. They are my inspiration. They are my heroes.

No comments: