Monday, March 14, 2011

Clothed Figure 3 - Weeks 3 - 6


Here's a few more drawings from this semester from my clothed figure class.  I'm starting to get back into the swing of things.  It's hard to change styles and methods when you get comfortable with the way you enjoy working.  I guess that's what school is for.  This class is definitely pulling me out of my comfort zone.  I just hope my grades don't suffer to much from it.  You can see the differences even in the drawings above.  The woman in the apron/dress are more recent drawings using the teachers approach and the woman with the jacket with her back towards us in the middle is a mixture of how I like to draw and the way we're suppose to in class.  What's frustrating for me is that I like to draw fast with a lot of lines and rhythm and I can't do that here.  I have to be precise and exact.  I do feel like last week was the most successful and I'm going to use the same approach this week.  Hopefully it works out.

No comments: