Sunday, February 20, 2011

You Men Are All A Like!


You Men Are All A Like! from Adam Knight on Vimeo.

I started this animation back in 2009 and always wanted to get around to finishing it, so I spent my winter break working on it. I wanted to have it finished by the time classes started back up, but I missed it by a week. I then went back and fixed a few mistakes. It looks to me like vimeo made the lip-sync a little off too. I will have to double check that.

Animation to me has been the most difficult and rewarding artform that I have ever done. I'm glad that this animation is fleshed out and working, but now it's easy to see all of the mistakes or things that I could do to make it better. I don't know if I'll ever come back to this or just take what I learned from it and apply it to a new dialogue piece in the future. I feel like I never really got a grasp on the character till the end of it, which makes me want to go back and redraw some of the frames or really nail down her design. I also feel like I work too tightly still which is something I'm slowly getting better at. I need to draw looser and faster, which should come with practice and experience.

No comments: