Saturday, January 1, 2011

Brooke

My friend Brooke from college did a fun 40's inspired shoot with some of her friends for fun and the photos turned out really nice. I decided to have a go at one of them and do a quick little sketch and throw on some quick markers. I tried a slightly different approach with things this time. I haven't quite decided how I want to apply the ink. In the others I applied it as a contour line and in this one I only accented sides with shadow. I really like the look of marker next to marker when it makes a seamless transition between colors. I was playing around with that idea a bit with this one.


This is also my last sketch for 2010. I'm looking forward to new work and experimentation for 2011. I hope you all brought the new year in with a bang and went out with style.

Happy new year!

No comments: