Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bonnie and Her Bull

First piece of the new year! Woot!

I tried to combine a lot of people who inspire me and my own style into this pin-up. It's also one of my first traditional medium pieces in a long time. I rendered my initial drawing on colored paper with Copic Markers, Prismacolor Markers, and then Prismacolor Pencils. I really enjoy how this one turned out and would like to do a lot more like this. I'm thinking I should do a bruenette for the next one.

I also have 2 commissions in the works that I hope to have done within the next month or so. One is a portrait piece for a friend's wedding and the other is another portrait piece for a lovely man and his wife in the UK. My personal artistic goal this year to get more commissions, freelance jobs, and personal work out there. My other goal is to have an awesome thesis project, which I will be starting next semester and I still have some preproduction work to get done for my midpoint review this February.

No comments: